Monday, December 25, 2017

Reflection for Christmas Day

Luke 2:7

“And she gave birth to her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.”

Today, Christmas, is a day of wonder. God made man, Jesus, came to dwell among us. Emmanuel, God present with us. What joy fills our hearts! Our response must be joy-filled awe and delight. Pause and enjoy the presence of Emmanuel in our manger, in our hearts.

But God dwells among us every day, not just today. Where do I find Emmanuel in my daily encounters? Can I see him reflected in the faces of the children I teach, the patients I care for? Can I discover Jesus in the Sisters I live with? Does Jesus reveal himself in the annoying co-worker I would rather ignore?

Jesus, you come in many forms. Open my eyes to see you in all I meet every day, not just in the manger on Christmas. And open my heart to make room for you when you come to me in any disguise.

"There is no room for them in the inn. Mary must lay her son on hay and straw in a stable. Wonder upon wonder!” (Blessed Pauline, 1842)

No comments:

Post a Comment