Here are some suggestions:
- Pray this "Prayer Before an Election" suggested by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Reflect on portions of "A Revolution of Tenderness: A 2016 Election Pope Francis Voter Guide" (available here), especially considering the questions at the end of each section.
- Fast from critical thinking and violent words, especially toward/about people on the opposite end of the political spectrum.
- Fast from mindless entertainment and spend some time in worthwhile reading.
- Fast from overuse of electronic media.
(Thanks to the Sisters of Charity for sharing many of theses suggestions.)