Some general intercessions suggested by the USCCB:
- For the Church, that she may continue to provide care and healing for all, especially those affected by the attacks on September 11, 2001, . . .
- For all victims of violence and terrorism around the world, and for their families, that they may find comfort and peace, . . .
- For the safety of our service men and women abroad, for civil servants who protect us and keep us safe, and for all who live with war and violence, . . .
- For our leaders and for the leaders of nations, that they may work together to address the problems that provide fertile ground for the growth of terrorism, . . .
- For the ability to forgive and for an end to hatred, beginning in our own hearts, . . .