Tuesday, February 12, 2013

40 Days of Prayer: Day 39

Today is Mardi Gras.  Thousands of hands are grasping for bits of worthless plastic.  "Throw me something, Mister!" is the plea that is heard on the streets while cries of desperation go unheard by human ears.  Our Father hears and is looking for his children to respond.  Jesus said, "Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherity the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; naked, and you clothed me; I was sick, and you visited me; I was in prison, and you came to me" (Matthew 25:34).

Pray that on this day of fleeting pleasure and the transient favor of beads, cups and other Mardi Gras throws, God's children would see the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked and the prisoner and would meet the need, giving a blessing that is of eternal worth and value.

Go to www.free-nola.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment