Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday's Reflection: "New Wine Moments"

We are grateful to Sister Elizabeth Kovacs, SCC, for sharing today's pre-Chapter reflection:

Change is not usually my favorite thing.  Most often, I find myself very content with things just the way they are.  So when we begin to discuss newness and moving into the unknown, I start getting the "heebie jeebies."

This past summer, the department in which I work went through a very dramatic transition.  Most of my beloved colleagues were replaced with new colleagues.  During this time, I found myself obsessively worried about the new people with whom I would be working.  As it turned out, the new providers are fantastic teammates, and we all work very cohesively together.

The few times I was transferred to different convents, I found myself very anxious about going to a new living situation.  Again, I would internally obsess over what I was getting into.  I have always found a wonderful home and deep joy wherever our Sisters are, and I have genuinely loved every place to which I have been assigned.

It is clear that all the time I often spend brooding over "What if . . .?" questions is such a waste of time and energy.  Throughout my entire life, God has challenged and surprised me with plans that I could have never imagined -- and, honestly, never would have chosen -- for myself.  He is constantly guiding and challenging me to experience new things.  Each new experience has been an unexpected gift that has brought me closer to God in trust.

In recalling some of these past "new wine" moments that God has poured upon me personally, I feel very excited about what this upcoming Chapter will hold for our Congregation.  I trust that He will lead us into an amazing future where we may continue to be "new wine" poured out for others in ways we could never have imagined!

- Sister Elizabeth ministers at Geisinger Holy Spirit (Camp Hill, PA).
_____________________________
The Sisters of Christian Charity of the North American Eastern Province will begin our Provincial Chapter today, February 14, 2019. The Chapter will close on Monday, February 18.  Please join us in praying the prayer for our Provincial Chapter.

During the Chapter, we hope to post updates here and on our Facebook page.  Also, we are very happy to announce that the closing liturgy of our Provincial Chapter can be viewed live on Facebook.  Tune in on Monday, February 18 at 2:00 P.M. EST.  Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment