Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday's Reflection: Prayer, Discernment, Transformation

We are grateful to Sister Maria Pia Arca, SCC, for today's reflection:

As I started to read and meditate about the Provincial Chapter theme, "New Wine in New Wineskins," I realized that I needed to stop relying on books, YouTube, or TV for answers and to rely on God, who will show me, teach me and pour into me what I needed.  I asked, "Lord, what do new wineskins look like?"  Three words came to me very clearly -- prayer, discernment and transformation.

Prayer:  In my experience of working with the Sisters, I need to pray for fresh wine in every situation, every day.  As I pray to my Divine Spouse as a real person, He shows Himself to me in each sick and suffering Sister.  I pray for others from my heart, with love and faith.

Discernment:  As I allow the Holy Spirit to guide my meditations, I attempt to listen to what He tells me.  Can I shed the "old wineskin" in order to receive the "new wineskin" that God wants me to have?

Transformation:  Although releasing the old ways can be painful to my flesh, when I give up my old ways, I gain peace and joy.  When I allow my old self to die, God can pour new wine into my new wineskin.   Can I give God permission to lead me?  Can I allow transformation to happen both "outside in" and "inside out?"

- Sister Maria Pia ministers at Mallinckrodt Convent (Mendham, NJ).
_________________________

The Sisters of Christian Charity of the North American Eastern Province began our Provincial Chapter yesterday, February 14, 2019. The Chapter will close on Monday, February 18.  Please join us in praying the prayer for our Provincial Chapter.

During the Chapter, we hope to post updates here and on our Facebook page.  Also, we are very happy to announce that the closing liturgy of our Provincial Chapter can be viewed live on Facebook.  Tune in on Monday, February 18 at 2:00 P.M. EST.  Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment