Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June 20: World Refugee Day

"New Together" is a Public Service Announcement for World Refugee Day 2018.  At only 1:15 long, it is a very simple, moving message to help us recommit to our prayers and actions for refugees.  (The video is embedded below.  Email subscribers who do not see a video below, please click here to view it on YouTube.)

Today, and every day, let us pray for refugees:

Sheltering God,
You were born in flight,
Your parents anxious and given no rest.
The manner of your birth calls me to
Open-heartedness and sensitivity to the strangers in our midst.
Help me not to flee your challenge.
The violence of the present time teaches me fear of the stranger,
Reluctant to reach out to those who are different.
Grace me this day as I seek
To see you in the faces of those uprooted,
Weary, as they seek refuge and peace.  Amen.
(Copyright, Education for Justice)

No comments:

Post a Comment