Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Advent Reflection: December 19

Luke 1:5-25; Psalm 71:3-4a, 5-6ab, 16-17

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah,
because your prayer has been heard."
Be my rock of refuge,
a stronghold to give me safety,
for you are my rock and my fortress
O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked. 

For you are my hope, O LORD;
my trust, O God, from my youth.
On you I depend from birth;
from my mother's womb you are my strength.

I will treat of the mighty works of the LORD;
O God, I will tell of your singular justice.
O God, you have taught me from my youth,
and till the present I proclaim your wondrous deeds.
 
(Taken from Nan Merrill’s book, Psalms for Praying)

While we are transitioning as a community into a new Motherhouse, fear could easily overwhelm us if we did not have the hope and trust in our God, our Spouse, to strengthen us.  I am reminded of Mother Pauline and Margaretha, when Mother asked her to pray, “That I may get so far,” in order for her to receive Holy Communion.  May we truly trust and hope to become one with each other, lovingly accepting each other in calm, peaceful cheerfulness – whether here in our new Motherhouse or wherever we are living and working for the sake of the kingdom of God.

We can all ask ourselves:  How well do I trust that God, Jesus, our Spouse, and the Spirit, will take care of me and give me all I need?  Let us prayerfully consider this, and praise and thank God for all he has done to help us get this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment